ALOE VERA- Disadvantages That It Can Cause If You Use It Without Knowing Well About It
Aloe vera needs no introduction, but there always another side which is hidden behind the brighter side of the natural product. Over time, aloe vera has become a synonym for healthy body, and every web site will tell you about a dozen of health benefits of the same. This alright because I too agree that the plant has medicinal potential. But, the problem arises when they claim that aloe vera cannot have any side effects. I definitely agree that natural products like aloe vera are safer than allopathic medicines, but does this mean it is always and anyways safe? We will try to find out an answer about it today. You all know about the tremendous health benefits of aloe vera, but here you will get the possible complications of using aloe vera the wrong way.
People have been using aloe vera for many 1000 of years for its therapeutic properties. Out of the four indispensable vegetables listed by Christopher Columbus, aloe vera was the curing one. He considered aloe vera to be a source of healing, and today we are here because the world after so many centuries is finally accepting what the great explorer claimed during one of his journey. More and more people from different corner of the world are trying to use aloe vera for different purposes. At some places aloe vera juice is termed as the wonder drug of the century and at many other places it is seen as an elixir, but what is aloe vera juice? Aloe vera, aloe vera gel and aloe vera juice have today become a new way to stay healthy, fit and happy. But there are many doubts about this natural product since it is not backed by advertisements. This makes it absolutely necessary to know about the possible complications and disadvantages of aloe vera. In no way I am saying that aloe vera isn’t beneficial, but you should look at the other side of the coin too.
One common precaution that you know but also must follow is- nothing in excess is good. Whether it is aloe vera or something else, there should a limit of intake and use. There are several other complications that can trouble you if you are using the product without knowing what it really is and what the best way to use it is. Have a look at the disadvantages of aloe vera that anyone using aloe vera must know.
- Before using aloe vera, you must know what it actually is and how it is extracted from the plant. Aloe vera juice is the thick liquid made from fresh aloe vera leaves. The thick leaves of aloe vera are crushed to extract the juice. And then this juice has to be processed and filtered before it becomes drinkable. The process is simple but it is better if the juice is extracted via natural method and no chemicals are used. This will preserve the natural healing properties of the juice and you will get maximum benefits. Now comes the real challenge of finding the juice and other products in natural form. No matter how hard you try, you can never be sure of the manufacturing process of aloe evra juice and other aloe vera products. One way is to extract the juice by yourself, which isn’t actually practical. Another wiser solution is to trust ayurveda for its natural processing and buy the aloe vera from an Ayurvedic company in Delhi.
- Second problem while using aloe vera is that you don’t know what makes aloe vera medicinal. Many web sites will tell you that it is full of minerals, enzymes and hormones that regulate your mood swings, anxiety, and stress levels. A few other will say that aloe vera contains over seven different antioxidants and reduces inflammation. It is a store house of Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Folate. Aloe vera also contains substances called polysaccharides, such as acemannan, amino acids, which help in the growth and repair of body tissues, as well as zinc and the antioxidants vitamin C and vitamin E. Apart from this, our body needs 22 amino acids and some of these are not produced by the body. This is a long list and you would be happy to read it. But, aloe vera contain latex in high amount and those who are allergic to latex are likely to suffer stomach issues like irritation, stomach cramps and low potassium levels.
- Latex can be a problem for those who have allergy from it, but only when taken internally. If you are allergic to latex, you can apply the gel externally and there won’t be any disadvantages of aloe vera for them. But, some people are allergic to the external application also. On applying aloe vera gel, this class of people has to struggle with skin allergies, redness in the eyes, skin rashes, irritation and burning sensation. So, be sure before using the aloe vera products, or test it on small portion of your skin.
- Aloe vera juice helps in improving the strength of your digestive system. No matter what the problem with your digestive system is, us aloe vera juice regularly and get rid of it. Aloe vera is laxative in nature and it is very good for digestive issues, but, if taken in a higher amount, it may cause dehydration. So, you also have to be careful about the quantity which is right for your body type. To know these details, you can call paramanand ayurveda, an ayurvedic company in Delhi providing free online consultation from a team of highly qualified ayurvedic doctors.
- Due to the electrolytes present in aloe vera, you may suffer from an imbalance in your body. Aloe vera juice consumption without an expert consultation can disturb the levels of potassium in the body. If this is done for a long time, or in excess, you will have to face some disadvantages of aloe vera like irregular heartbeat, weakness and fatigue. Elderly and sick people are generally advised to not consume it because of these two reasons only. But, completely avoiding it is not the right thing to do and even the elderly can utilize the benefits after talking to an ayurvedic doctor.
- Aloe vera is safe for all, except pregnant women. Yes, you might be surprised to know that aloe vera should be avoided during pregnancy. It is observed in some cases that pregnant women and lactating mothers have faced some disadvantages of aloe vera juice due to its irritant qualities. Aloe vera may stimulate uterine contractions in pregnant women, which may lead to birth complications or premature birth. Although we have no proofs for this, but why take a chance when you aren’t sure, right?
- Most of the above stated disadvantages of aloe vera pertain to the internal use of the wonder product. As far as skin related issues are concerned, aloe is a blessing to mankind. From a small pimple to major skin disorder like psoriasis, aloe vera is helpful in all the skin ailments, provided you aren’t allergic to it. Aloe vera juice has unbelievable anti fungal and anti- bacterial properties which make it a promising alternative to treat infections. But, while using aloe vera externally also, you have to take care of the quality and naturalness of the product you are using.
These were some common disadvantages of aloe vera and now comes the time to solve each one of them. Yes, you can grab the goodness while eliminating the disadvantages of aloe vera by simply calling paramanand ayurveda. It is an ayurvedic company in Delhi that provides free online consultation over phone. Here, you can get details of the best ayurvedic products made up of aloe vera and much more. Not only you can talk to the ayurvedic doctors for free, you can also buy natural ayurvedic medicines without paying delivery charges. So, in all, we can say that aloe vera and all other natural products are definitely great at keeping your body healthy, provided you know how to use them.
These disadvantages of aloe vera are not to create repulsion for the product because we still believe in the magical medicinal properties of the nature’s creation. Compared to allopathic medicines, these disadvantages of aloe vera are not too chronic. Conventional medicines have a long list of side effects, some of which are seriously life threatening. The awareness of these ill effects has created repulsion from conventional medications among Indians and people living all around the world. This is why the demand for natural products like aloe vera in the market is on rise. Over time, aloe vera has seamlessly integrated itself into each and everything we use. You too can get benefitted by the nature’s gift, but to avoid the minor complications, you should talk to an expert. Go ahead, allow nature to heal, but in the best and most suitable manner.